Monday, May 4, 2009

As I post this...

I am talking to my mother on the phone...I have to multi-task while talking to her or I may use my free hand to wrap the phone cord around my neck.

Talking to my mother is like talking to an alien....you have no idea where they hell they came from or what the hell they are talking about but it sort of relates.

This morning my father and friends are peeling the back half of the garage roof off and mom is all in a dither because she will have strangers in her home and has to cook for them on top of it all. She is very busy with lots to do...like what you ask? I don't have a sweet clue - the house always looks the same to me? Laundry I guess, or maybe wash her hair and put curlers in it. Whatever it is makes her a busy woman?

Then the next topic was - hmm what was the next topic? Hard to remember back, I was drifting fast.

Oh yes! How is my hubby doing on his hunt? But before I could answer she jumped into a convo about someone who died in the community whom has only lived there for 5 years and that I should know them?

Wha? Haven't lived there for almost 15 years but yeah sure whatever...guess I can't remember - no memory.....so she says "someone as young as you and can't remember, tsk! tsk!"..

Um yeah sad.....

Her next topic was the Swine Flu - now some of you already know the convo I've already had with this woman over the Swine Flu - those dang Mexicans!!! Well its now "more" in Canada and she's nervous.....I asked her if she wanted me to buy her a hepa-mask today and she said "where can you buy them?"....I said I don't know but for her I'd get her an early Mothers Day gift and then she said "your making fun of me", I said "yeah I am mom".....she wasn't happy.....oh well? Made me chuckle....

I then said I had to go.....yep I'm busy! Busy! Busy! Blogging about my mom I didn't need the distraction any longer, couldn't think while she chatted in my ear about ...um can't remember...

Did I ever tell you I got caller ID because of my mom? Yep did....works like a charm - when she calls me - if ever.....she doesn't like to call me - its long distance, cost money ya know?

2 comments:

NickyT said...

You will have to ask her if she will feel safer eating Swines if she is wearing a Mask.
Your poor Mom.

Queen Mel said...

MY poor mom? Really? You just said that?

Hello? I have half of the gene pool....what is going to come of me?

Any of that gene pool can't be good for anyone!