Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bible Club

My daughter recently joined Bible Study at her school.

Since September we've had her attending weekly cathecism. Each week she came home with tons of crafts. I would then ask her what she learned that day and she would say "nothing". I would ask "did they read you a story?". Her response would be "no".

So I questioned my MIL since she used to be (a long time ago) a cathecism instructor (I guess it sounds more formal then a Sunday School Teacher - those Catholics!). She told me they would have a curriculum to follow and a lesson each week and the crafts would go along with it.

So I thought ok they just haven't gotten into anything too heavy?

At Christmas time she came back with a craft made of wood they she had painted of the 3 Wisemen. I asked her about it and what she knew about the men and what they were doing. She said "I don't know?".

I then said "do you even talk about God at cathecisim?"

She says "God Who?"

I almost fell off my chair, I was completely flabergasted and then finally said "are they not talking about the baby Jesus or Mary & Joseph?"

She said "no we color and do crafts".

WHAT THE HELL? THAT CAN BE DONE AT HOME!!!!! NOW THAT WAS A MOMENT TO MAKE ME TAKE THE LORDS NAME IN VAIN RIGHT THEN AND THERE!

Monday was her first lunch hour of Bible Study at school, we were really hoping she was going to get something out of that. Hey she asked to do it and we told her what she would be learning and she was the one who said "I want to, I want to"......so I we said "yes".

Monday night we are driving home and I say "so how was SONshine Club today?".

She starts in by saying "Great! We learned about this guy who built a really BIG boat but I can't remember his name and took all the animals in the world on this boat, it has another name mama but I just can't remember it, then it rained and rained and rained and everyone died 'cept them and everyone lived happily ever after".

Well ................ what can I say? Its a start.

No comments: