Its not my birthday today! Heaven's no! But next week is.....and for whatever reason I'm feeling just down in the dumps about it, I'm dreading next week. Its not like I'm turning a big, dark age or anything but since my 30th birthday a 'few' years ago I hate birthdays, I use to scoff at people who thought it was silly.
My neighbour turned 30 a few years before me and she had a terrible time with it and I laughed at her and said she was being silly for letting it bug her so much, then those 2 years sped by and voila there I was turning 30. My 30th birthday like any other was uneventful and came on without fanfare, a small family party, BBQ'd food and cake.
I blew out my candles and life resumed, for some. To me it was a defining moment, a look back on those 30 years. What happened? What didn't happen? Where did I go? What did I do? Did I contribute? Am I where I want to be? What do I want for myself? Where am I headed?
....so for the past couple of years I've felt the same way and here I am still sitting in my own purgatory of life, of sorts.
So here I stand, another year has passed and I've chosen to just sit on the lifetrain and go round and round.
I'm not looking forward to next week. Happy Pitty Party to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment