I don't know about you but Facebook is nice and for many months it totally consumed me, adding friends, making those old time connections, catching up and enjoying the reminicing it brought me. There are many high school friends I still chat with and enjoy their little messages.
There were times it left me scratching my head as well....there were people from High School who never spoke to me then who where now requesting to be my friend, whats up with that? Those were people I never added as friends. I'm no friend 'HOE' by any means....I only wanted people I really wanted to talk to. I hit the "ignore" button on those requests, then I found myself with so many people who I no longer even spoke to still on my list.
I decided it was time for a clean sweep of those 'undesriable' people who just wanted to snoop. I also had a rule, if YOU were adding me then YOU were obligated to make the first contact with me...I deleted them as well.
Needless to say I've lost my interest in FaceBook and what people are doing...I check it (don't get me wrong), I'm saying it no longer takes over my life, I still check my messages and events that have scheduled.
I have a friend who has decided FaceBook is EVIL and he deleted his account, he decided he wanted to remove his on-line name stamp, he also has removed himself from many other sites as well, he prefers to not have his name on the net. For good reason. The internet is a great tool when its used for what it is intended for. Past that its just another evil-doer.
1 comment:
I to am also getting pretty bored with facebook. I find that I am spending less and less time on it. Like you, I still check messages but thats really it....oh and Compupro fb group :o)
Post a Comment