Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yeah for me! Rah! Rah!

I'm writing this on the 15th, I won't have time tomorrow but tomorrow is my birthday.......I know you are aware, I whined about it last week in my Birthday Blues post, and tomorrow is the big day.
You would think I was turning 50 but no, I'm in my 30's but dammit if I could turn back time......

What would I do if I could go back to my 20's?

What was my BEST 20?

Hmmmm, let me think?

My BEST 20 was - 21, I had just started working for the govy and life had turned around for me, things were going well, I had a couple of very close best buds, we were inseprable, drinking every single weekend, playing horse shoes, cards and all winter we had plans every Friday night with this couple or that couple. We had the world by the ass!

So what is different?

I miss the hanging out, we used to have person after person stopping by for a coffee or a beer, shootin' the shit, everyone was welcome, family would drive over just to say hi or watch me work (make coffee).

I miss that stoppin' by kind of atmosphere. Inviting a group in on Saturday night and having a big crib tourney or playing board games.

I want more of that, doesn't have to be booze involved or none of that but just hang out time. Whether its with my girlies or me & hubby hookin' up and hangin out.

Yep, put me back at 21....Footloose & Fancy Free!

3 comments:

Tina said...

HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday!!!!
There are lots of times I wish I could turn back time and my 20's is one of those times! After my birthday in July, I'm heading to the big 40!!! Turning 30 never bothered me a bit but I'm pretty sure 40 will, although I hope not!
Enjoy your 30's!!!!!
Hope you are having a great day!

Anonymous said...

It's your birthday, the day you were born, It's your birthday the day you were born, you will have one every year and you'll always get a cheer, cuz it's your birthday the day you were born.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!!!!!

NickyT said...

Happy Birthday!
We are only as old as we act :)
Hope you had a great Turkey Dinner!!