The past few weeks have left me sleepless. Why? I have no idea. I have stayed up later, gone to bed earlier, even indulged in alcohol and each and every morning has me lying awake come 4 am. The world is quiet at 4 am, unfortunately my brain is not, the moment I look up at that alarm clock I am enraged that I had the nerve to be awake when I have 2 more good hours that I could be sleeping - of all the nerve, how dare I do this to myself.
At that point I decided it is time to my list for the day of things to do, yeah I make a mental list for each day, you can call me OCD.
Since Sunday night left me lying awake the entire night I decided that was enough for this gal.
This morning was different, I took every precaution. While in the USA this past weekend I picked up Tylenol PM, well may I recommend if you can't sleep, give yourself a treat of 2 of these little puppies......WOW!
The alarm brought me clear, I rolled over turned it off and proceeded to hunker down further, I wanted to go back to sleep. Now that is so rare.......I wanted to call in sick but the thought of that 6 year old across from me toddling in to my bed in under 1 hour made me realize it just isn't worth it.
So I am at work today and bright eyed and even bushy tailed....well maybe not bushy, no girl wants to be known as "bushy". :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment