Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Do you care?

A Best Friend is someone who brings out the best in you.............do you bring out the best in someone?

How much do you care about anything or anyone? Do have genuine care or is it surface only? If someone was in need would you do something to help them? How much would you do? Are you a true friend or superficial?

Have you ever asked yourself these questions?

Do you say Hello when you enter a room full of people?

Do you ask someone how they are when you meet up with them?

Do you care what their answer is? ...and then happy it wasn't long and drawn out?

Do you only contact people when you need something from them or just looking for information?

I have recently mourned the loss of someone in my life and it caused me to take a step back, they weren't someone I talked to on a regular basis but I realized the only time that person came around was when it was convenient for them and/or they wanted something from me. They never bothered to even ask me how I was doing.

Now when I see them I have trouble seeing past that point, and I know they know its there too, but do they care? No probably not, if its not about him then it doesn't really matter. I thought this person was 'worth it' and they let me down.

I guess its more their loss than mine? To be honest, its both our losses no matter how you look at it.

So remember to care.

2 comments:

April said...

Unfortunately this happens in life. I too have had to cut strings with people. It really does hurt! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I care Mel :o)